The inaugural Signature Status members were announced at the 2014 The Art of the Portrait conference. Recipients were: Judith Carducci, Natalie Italiano, and Mary Muller.
For the second year, 2015, the Signature Status Recipients were: Leslie Adams, Ellen Cooper, Kristy Gordon, Iliya Mirochnik, Olga Nielsen, Ted Reed, Ardith Starostka, James Tennison, and Wesley Wofford.
For the third year, 2016, the Signature Status recipients were: Garth Herrick, Mary Buckman, Romulo Galicano, Richard C. Nelson, Vasudeo Kamath, Harry Ahn and Sharon Sprung.
For the fourth year, 2017, the Signature Status recipients are: Robert T. Barrett, Gabriela Delosso, Lihuai He, David Hettinger, Jacqueline Jasper, Sam Knecht, Ricky, Mujica, Aapo Pukk and Mardie Rees.
Application Deadline is September 1, 2017.
Submissions should consist of:
1. Ten (10) examples, digitally represented, of the artist's own, solely created works
2. A Biography (up to two pages, including qualifying exhibits or competitions)
3. On-line application opens January 1 and the deadline to apply is September 1st of each year.
4. Applicants must be an active dues paying member.
5. Applicants will be notified by March 1 of the year after application closes.
6. Accepted Signature Members will be honored at the annual conference following the year of the designation.
7. There is a non-refundable $35 submission fee.
This designation does not constitute or should not be used as any form of commercial endorsement by the Portrait Society of America.